So here's a list of what's been on my mind and what I've been up to
1. I've been here a little over a week and my testimony has grown more in one crazy week than it has in probably the last two years. It's impossible for it not to grow as I'm learning more and more about the Old Testament and especially about Abraham I'm in awe of the amazing things that took place here!
2. The impossible has happened... It think I'm finally finding my way around the Old City! I've only gotten lost twice the last time I went there! Some cool things I've found and discovered:
I held a Parrot named Rose
I found the prison and tomb that held Barabbas supposedly
I tried Falafal and Schwarma... mmmmmmm sooo good
I visited the Church of the Holy Seplechure
And I finally got up the courage to buy/barter a bag that I really needed
3. I found Kristalyn and Landon's dopplegangers - except Landon's is blonde
4. I lead a Zumba class... it was terrifying but once we started I had so much fun... and I had multiple boys come up to me the next day and tell me how sore they were from it! Score!
5. Last night we got to go into the Old Ctiy after dark and participate in the welcoming of the Sabbath with the Jews at the Western Wall. It was an unforgettable experience! We could hear the crowd singing before we were even inside the city. It was slightly overwhelming walking into such an enclosed space and having so many people, like thousands of people, all there worshiping and singing and dancing. But the really incredible thing was how inviting they were and how much they wanted us to celebrate with them. I joined many dance circles just like in Fiddler on the Roof, and rubbed shoulders with many women who were praying earnestly. What wonderful people this world is full of! When we were at the Wall, I couldn't help but think of how much the gospel would bless these people's lives! How badly I wanted them to know what they were missing, to share with them the fact that there is a temple, multiple temples on the Earth today, and that they can speak to God anywhere not just at the wall. Sadly I'm not even allowed to hint at my faith, but I know that one day these amazing people will be given the opportunity to hear this gospel, even if it's not in this life.
6. After coming back from the Wall, we decided to have our own dance party. No lie, it was the funnest dance I've ever been to and I can NOT wait for the next one!!!
7. On Thursday we went and walked the rampart wall. We spent hours climbing all over the ancient stones and looking down on the old city of Jerusalem! It was breathtaking and such a neat experience to look down into the people's lives!
Well, there's a quick overview for me! Hope everyone is well back at home!!